Monday, December 15, 2014

Hey y'all,

Even though our teaching pool still is extremely low. We had a lot of amazing miracles happen this week. First off, DJ and Rea told us that they are going to get married!!! :) They are planning on getting married the week after Christmas, and I am so excited for them. They really want to make things right, and work things out. Also, on Thursday the flushed a pack and a half worth of cigarettes DOWN THE TOILET!! Sister Goodwine, and I couldn't believe what we were seeing...it was incredible. Rea is doing really good with not smoking. DJ however, is having a hard time with it at work. We are sending DJ Book of Mormon verses to read each day to try, and help. We also invited DJ to get work off at least one Sunday this month. He said of any Sunday it would be this week. So are praying for another miracle. That he will be able to get work off, and will come to church with Rea, and their girls! :)  Oh, and we were able to set a Baptismal date with him for January 17th! I am just thrilled at the progress that both Rea, and DJ are making. 

We are making very good strides with Sister Hodges. In fact, on Tuesday she mentioned that she almost came to church last Sunday. She said that just as she was getting ready to bring her grandsons with her. Her daughter-in-law mentioned that she was taking the boys to the Baptist church. Sister Hodges said that she got discouraged. So she ended up just staying home. This broke my heart! However, it made me extremely happy since she is SO CLOSE to coming to church now. Also, she mentioned to us that after reading through the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet. She now understands that in order to be a "true Christian" you need to come to church weekly. 

Sister Holley really surprised me yesterday. She agreed with Sister Linda Welch that I should get a priesthood blessing for the sleep problems I have been having. (Talking/ moaning/ crying in my sleep). Yes, I have no recollection whatsoever that I do this. My companion sure does though! In fact, she said that this morning at 5:30 a.m. I said, "That's good. Now we know what's wrong. So we can fix it. Apparantly, I am teaching in my sleep....;) I didn't realize she really understood what priesthood blessings did. So that was exciting to hear! :)

I really love 2 Nephi 25:26. It mentions that "we TALK of CHRIST, we REJOICE in CHRIST, we PREACH of Christ, we PROPHESY of CHRIST." What a great reminder to focus our attention on Christ. Especially during this Christmas season. I think that the best gift we can give Christ this season. Is a renewed effort to focus on HIM throughout the year of 2015. During this season the world focuses on materials. God wants us to focus on Christ. As we focus on Christ our souls will be filled. We will receive the gifts that we truly want to receive- Peace, Joy, Comfort, and Love.

May y'all feel of Christ's love during this Season
Love,

Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment