Monday, October 27, 2014

Hey y'all,

This week was a pretty great week! Things are really progressing with Jarrod Gant. He is praying, and working towards the Baptismal date of November 15th. So please keep in your prayers. We went over on Thursday and had a full lesson on Repentance. We helped him to understand why it's important to Repent daily. We also helped him to recognize that he is already Repenting. By attending church, praying and reading the scriptures. Since he doesn't have a background of doing these things. We went back on Saturday and had a full lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He seemed to understand everything pretty clearly. Yesterday in Gospel Principles we talked about Fasting. He asked if he could skip 3 or 4 meals since going without 2 would be easy for him. He said he wants to do a true fast. So we explained how he can fast from other things along with going without food.

Other than seeing Jarrod we weren't able to see our top investigators. Due to sickness, and busy schedules. I am praying that we are able to get back into contact with them this week. But on the Brightside a lot of people talked to us, and we were able to teach a lot of lessons.

My new companion is Sister Goodwine from St. George, UT. We are working on Unity. It seems to be coming along slowly but surely...


We had a really neat experience this week. On Friday an impression came to me to go to a subdivision called Country Meadows. So we headed there, and I parked the car. Before we got out of the car we prayed, and then I asked Sister Goodwine which way we should go. So she pointed to the right and we headed that way. I then felt strongly prompted to turn right, and knock a certain door. Which was a little strange since you could see straight through the glass screen door. This is where we met Kevin. At first it seemed as though he was just going to bash us. But he was really friendly, and had lots of questions. He has had many interactions with Mormons, and said that it is the religion he most agrees with. He mentioned that he loves temple square and really enjoyed his visit there. I am looking forward to teaching him more. This experience was a testimony builder to me of how the spirit will guide us. As we heed spiritual promptings we will see success.

I really enjoyed my reading of Alma 26 this morning. This chapter seems to get me through the challenges of being a missionary. I love how the sons of Mosiah and Alma the younger never gave up during difficult times. Of course, they were about to turn back as it says in verse 27. But they stuck to it, and saw much success. They did all they could do by preaching and teaching wherever they went. (vs. 29) It helps me to understand that my duty is to declare Repentance the best that I can. God will do the rest.
 
My prayer is each of us come to realize how the Spirit works with us. I know that as we do we will find joy, and happiness in this life.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Love, Sister W. Williams

For the month of November our mission is going for the goal of 100 Baptisms, and 100 Reactivations. In order to achieve this goal we are making sacrifices. Such as ending P-day at 2 p.m. instead of 6 p.m. That means that I will not be able to write anyone back in the month of November. So please keep writing, and just know that I won't reply back for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment