Monday, January 5, 2015

Hey y'all, 

What an amazing year 2014 was!! I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve the Lord as one of his official representatives for all of 2014. Our mission ended the year with 659 baptisms. I am so grateful that we were able to bring so many souls to Christ. Their lives, and the lives of their posterity and ancestors will be blessed for this decision they have made.


DJ and Rea were married on December 30th! That was a HUGE miracles in itself. The reason why is that on the morning of the 30th. We received a text from Rea saying that the wedding was off. When we got this I just had a prayer in my heart that everything would work itself out. A couple hours later we received another text saying the wedding was back on. Upon this news we immediately said a prayer in gratitude to Heavenly Father. DJ is doing well, and is committed to obeying the laws of Tithing, and Fasting. We also saw Rea in a separate lesson. I was thrilled when she told us that through prayer she has decided to fully live the W.O.W. :) Michael Carter is doing very well, and is praying about baptism on January 24th or the 31st. We had a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation with him on Saturday evening. He asked questions about the 3 kingdoms of glory, and we were able to show Bible verses to explain it to him. He stayed for Gospel Doctrine yesterday which was a huge step. Since he hasn't stayed past sacrament meeting the past few months he has been attending church. He is attending Gospel Doctrine rather than Gospel principles as he has a desire to learn more about the Bible instead of the church.


Yesterday was filled with miracles at church. First off, Jarrod Gant came which was very exciting. Since he hasn't been to church very much since his Baptism. Also, Brother Larry Wilson's testimony thrilled me. I couldn't stop smiling as he shared with the congregation that he is ready to be active in the church again. He said that he has a great desire to get Temple worthy again. As he has two brothers, and parents that need their temple work done. After sacrament meeting I talked to him, and he said that he is committed to coming back. As he has attended church the past 3 weeks. I am so grateful that this gospel is a gospel of change. That it is never too late to come back.


I am really enjoying studying the New Testament. A very simple, but profound verse stuck out to me this time as I read Matthew. Matthew 14:18 reads, "He said, Bring them hither to me." In this verse Christ is being made reference of. I love how this verse states exactly what the Lord's commission is to each, and everyone of us. He wants us to reach out, and bring all of God's children to him. We may do this through sharing the gospel, and serving others. As we bring others to Christ we will be brought to Christ as well. My goal this week is to focus on all the ways that I can bring God's children to him.


My prayer is that 2015 is an even better year than 2014 for us all. May we become closer to Christ, and become more like Him. May we continue with our resolutions, and not give up on them if at "first we don't succeed." The Lord will help us as we have righteous desires. With God nothing is impossible. May we observe, and serve this week. As we serve God's children we will be "feeding his sheep." I know that the Book of Mormon, and the Bible are the words of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ restored church. I know that Heavenly Father hears, and answers everyone of our prayers.

I know that the Holy Ghost can direct us, protect us, and comfort us. I know that this gospel is a gospel of change. That we can become more Christ-like as we repent, and accept is atonement. I know that Families can be Together Forever through the sealing power available in God's Holy Temple. I know that God has a plan for us, and that through him we may do all things. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today, and as we apply the prophets counsel we will achieve salvation. 

I would ask you all. What have you come to know?

Love y'all!

Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment