Monday, January 12, 2015

Hey y'all, 

It's back to Arkansas I go....it's pretty bitter-sweet. I am sad that I will be missing Deejay and Michael's baptisms. I also will greatly miss the Senatobia Ward. I have grown to absolutely LOVE the people here. But I am excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me!

For the most part this week was a pretty amazing week. Lots of really great things happened. First off, Deejay is excited, and rapidly progressing for his baptism this Saturday. I was shocked when he made several comments in Gospel Principles class yesterday. It shocked me since he is a very shy person. It's neat to see how much the gospel is truly changing his life. He said that he has been working on the Word of Wisdom for the past week, and has had one slip up. Yesterday at church he told us no more slip ups! Things with Michael Carter are really coming along. He really feasts upon everything that we teach him. He prayed, and picked January 31st for his Baptism date! He is actively reading the Book of Mormon. The next step is trying to get him to pray out loud in our lessons with him. 

Things with Jarrod aren't going too great. Since his Baptism in November he has come to church only 2 or 3 times. He keeps trying to avoid us, and when we teach he ignores us. So we are trying to get the ward to try to help him. It has been sad for Sister Goodwine, and I to see how spiritually destructive he is right now. We are praying that he has a change of heart. Please keep him in your prayers!  

On Friday we had quite the experience with Patricia Carter, and her 8 year old daughter; Taylor. We went over to talk about Baptism with Taylor. Since Patricia mentioned to us that Taylor has expressed a desire to get Baptized over the past several weeks. Michael and Patricia think that it would be neat for her to also be Baptized on the 31st. So Sister Goodwine began the lesson by telling Taylor that we wanted to talk about Baptism. Taylors reaction was unexpected to all of us. Her eyes went wide, and she told her mom that she never said that. We ended up teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we left the lesson having Taylor say that she does not want to be Baptized. Patricia told us that they were going to talk it over. We are just hoping that Taylor was having a rough day. .. 

I went on exchanges with Sister Winn this week, and received some inspiration in regards to Christ-like attributes. She mentioned how she, and Sister Anderson are studying a new attribute each week. I decided that this was a great idea. So for the next 6 weeks I am going to be working on Christ-like attributes. So I can keep progressing, and becoming better and better each day. This week I am focusing on my lowest scoring attribute; Patience. I love how in Preach My Gospel it says that Patience is "the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious". This is the exact thing I need to work on. I can't seem to "endure" without become anxious or frustrated. So this week I am focusing on patience, and am really trying to acquire it. 

May we all strive to be more patient. Whether it be with ourselves, or others. As we are patient I know that we will be a happier people. The Lord's timing is the BEST timing. 

Love y'all! 

Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment