Monday, January 19, 2015

Hey y'all, 

It's been quite an interesting week. Full of lots of ups, and downs. I have been a little depressed since I have heard that several of my recent converts have fallen away in one sense or another. I have tried not to let it get me down. But sometimes I just get plain sad about it. I just have to keep thinking that I saw them change, and I can't do anything about their agency...Since I was last in Danville just over a year ago. There have been a lot of changes here. The branch had around 60 in attendance during sacrament, and I saw around 40 yesterday. The sad thing was that I didn't even know quite a few of them. We have 13 recent converts we are in charge of here, and some of them are missing. We have no idea where they live now. These aspects of the branch have been a little overwhelming to take in. I fasted and prayed to know what my focus needs to be here in Danville. There are several individuals that I want to focus in. I look forward to getting the car tomorrow so that we can go see these people.  


We had a really neat HTBT lesson with Marsha Ballinger, and her two children on saturday. Here son Jasper is 10, and her daughter; Lyddia is 8 years old. It was neat to hear Jasper say that he has a desire to be Baptized! Marsha told us that she is looking for peace in her life. She also feels a whole inside of her. Sister Sommers, and I testified that this gospel is what she needs. It's what can change her, and her families life. The spirit was strong during our lesson. I just wish she allowed us to come more than just on Saturdays....

Sister Sommers and I are doing great! We work really well together, and have had no problems with teaching in Unity. It's been nice to have a good transition to this area, and companionship. She is teaching me to have fun while we do the work.


Yesterday, we had a very unique experience at church. A man named Tim just randomly showed up for church services. President Hall told him after sacrament that we had two other meetings. I was shocked that Tim was so willing to stay for all 3 hours. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and Restoration pamphlet. He said that he is busy during the week. So we got his number, and we gave him a pass-along card with our number. I am praying that he gets ahold of us, and allows us to start teaching him. He participated in gospel principles, and seemed to enjoy church. 


I have been enjoying my reading of the New Testament. I am currently in the book of Acts. I was touched this morning by Stephen's conversion to the gospel. He died by the casting of stones. I loved how as he gave up the ghost. He prayed to Heavenly Father saying that the people didn't know what they were doing. This made me ponder about Christs experience on Calvary's cross. I am grateful for the example of Jesus Christ and Stephen in Charity, and Mercy. They truly loved those who despised them. My prayer is that I can become "really, really, good at forgiving" just like them. Also, that I can have Charity in my heart always.


I love y'all,


Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment