Monday, July 21, 2014

Hey y'all!
I hope y'all have had an incredible week. It sure has been an amazing one for me. Filled with many miracles from God.
The area here experienced a lot of success this week. We had some pretty incredible experiences this week. First off, I have finally come to know why I was sent to Senatobia. We went over and saw the Hodge family this week, and had an incredible experience. We took a sister from the ward who has just recently been reactivated. This was inspired by God since she had a lot of connections with the Hodges. This dear sister was able to share her experience of coming back to church with Sister Hodge. It seemed to really help Sister Hodge as she mentioned her concern of currently having Word Of Wisdom issues. I shared how we all sin, and there are many members who still have Word of Wisdom problems. But that they still attend church. This was just the encouragement she needed. As a result of this she committed to coming to the pioneer picnic this week. She is going to bring her non-member daughter in- law, and grandkids.

Yesterday was incredible. Sister Camille Bishop gave her homecoming talk, and had two non-member friends at church. One named Hannah Simmons came up to us after church , and shared the great desire she has to be baptized with us. So last night we had dinner with the Syme's family (Camille's Sisters family) and afterwards had a spirit filled lesson. We taught Hannah the gospel of Jesus Christ. We had her pray between the Baptismal dates of August 2nd and 9th as we weren't sure which one God wanted for her. As she prayed it was answered as August 9th. She has a great desire to be Baptized, and we are just praying that she is given strength. As she is scared to tell her family. So if you could, please keep Hannah in your prayers.

Sister Tu'ifua and I seem to be struggling on teaching in unity.  In lessons it seems as though I am headed one direction, and she is headed a total other way. But we are trying to work on that. I hope that we figure it out so that we can really help our investigators progress.

I had a really spiritual experience reading through my Patriarchal Blessing this week. I took a paper and created two columns. One column I had as "Blessings from God", and the other was "What I need to do to receive those blessings". As I dissected by blessing I came to the realization that God has blessed me beyond measure. All I need to do is live worthy of the blessings, and seek after them daily. It was eye opening to me because I didn't realize how many blessings God is willing to impart on all of us. It also was an eye opener to see what I need to be seeking after, and how I need to be living my life. My goal this week is to focus on living my life in a manner that is in accordance to the promised blessings I may be given.

My prayer is that we realize how many blessings we truly are given from the Lord. We need to seek after the gifts he has given us. We need to live our lives in a way that he can bless us. Keep being Member Missionaries, and I know the Lord will allow you to feel of the joy that comes from bringing a soul unto him.
Have a great week, and know that y'all are in my prayers!
Love,
Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment