Monday, May 12, 2014

Hi Y'all!! 

I hope you had a great week this past week. Mine was pretty good. I spent most of Wednesday traveling because of transfers. I left Pocahontas, and I am now in Warren, Arkansas. I went from the farthest North area in the mission to the furthest South! :) But I LOVE it here! The people are great! :) Here in Warren everything seems to be going pretty well. We were able to set two baptismal dates this week for May 25th. One is for Anthonese, and the other is Darius. Neither came to church yesterday which was disappointing. We went and saw Darius last night and he said that his Girlfriend was sick. So he spent that whole morning, and early afternoon at the doctor with her. This threw us for a loop because we didn't realize he is living with his Girlfriend. Needless to say we will be teaching him the law of Chastity this week. He is keeping his commitment of reading the Book of Mormon everyday for 2 minutes. What's neat is he has a good understanding of what he is reading. We had a lot of success street contacting this week. We found over 3 investigators this way. One whose name is Charles Green, and he mentioned. He wants to read the Book of Mormon not just individually but with his family. I was excited to hear that!

Well, I am back with an old companion; Sister Ives. I follow- up trained her in Pocahontas, and it's been neat to see how much she has grown. It is pretty crazy to have the same companion twice! Didn't really think it was possible....

We had a successful meeting with Branch President Smith yesterday. He took a lot of notes, and thanked us for our input on how we can increase success in the missionary effort here.

This weeks studies were really focused on Charity & Love. Since that was the Christ-like attribute I worked on this week. From Ether 12: 34 I learned that just like Baptism; Charity will be required to enter into the Kingdom of God. From 1 Corinthians 13 I learned that the best attribute and gift we can acquire from God is Charity. Paul talks in this chapter about how even though he has great Knowledge, Faith, and the gift of Prophecy. None of those matter because of a lack of Charity. These scriptures really helped me to see how important Charity really is. I am glad I was able to focus this week on Charity, and was able to develop it a little more fully. I would invite all of you to focus on better obtaining a Christ-like attribute this week. I can promise you that as you prayerfully discern which one you need to work on. The Lord will let you know, and he will help you to be able to make it your strength. As missionaries we are doing this with all 9 attributes found in Preach My Gospel chapter 6. (A week an attribute.) This experiment is truly changing me as I am able to become more like Christ.


Love y'all!!


Sister W. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment